When your stencil roughness is dialed in, your edge definition will be optimized.
The Pocket Surf III Surface Meter is a pocket- sized, battery-operated roughness gauge for measuring stencil and substrate surface roughness parameters in Ra, Rmax and Rz with digital readout. The Pocket Surf III is solidly built with a durable cast aluminum housing for years of accurate surface measurements. Its digital display is conveniently located on top of the device for optimum visibility.
- General purpose probe with 0.0004”/10 micron radius
- Offers three traverse lengths
- Supplied with a certified reference specimen, riser plate battery and custom-fitted protective case
- Easy-to-read LCD display presents the measured roughness values in microinches or micrometers
- Out-of-range (high/low) and battery low warning signals
- Serial output for Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Optional power transformer to replace battery operation
- Economically priced
- Fast and accurate; measurement produced within a half second of traversing the surface
- Provides a measurable indicator of how efficiently the print side of the stencil controls edge definition
- An acceptable Rz value assures proper gasketing of the stencil to the substrate, and controls the ink flow